The firm counsels and litigates on behalf of clients in a broad variety of employment-related matters. From employment law compliance to sensitive and emergent employee relations issues, our clients’ executive managers, in-house counsel and human resources professionals rely upon us to provide them with effective counsel to meet their business goals and legal obligations, as well as to promote a productive and harmonious work environment.
The firm’s attorneys have successfully represented clients in federal and state courts, before government agencies and in arbitration and mediation in cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, breach of restrictive covenants and wage and hour violations. The firm’s attorneys have also defended clients against union grievances.
Representative Employment Litigation Matters
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical, restaurant and media industry clients against claims of discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, religion, national origin, age and disability, as well as claims of retaliation.
- Successfully defended restaurant industry clients in complex collective and class action cases alleging violations of federal and state minimum wage, overtime, tip credit and other wage and hour laws.
- Successfully represented clients in the pharmaceutical, real estate, financial services and media services industries in cases alleging violations of employment agreements, restrictive covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation agreements) and commission agreements.
- Successfully defended corporate clients in connection with union grievances and claims of unfair labor practices.
Employment Law Counseling
In our employment law counseling practice, we use our expertise regarding workplace laws and “best practices” and our keen knowledge of our clients’ operations to help protect and enhance their businesses. Specifically, we assist our clients in complying with the complex maze of employment-related laws, devising and implementing effective policies and procedures and, where necessary, taking appropriate prophylactic or remedial measures.
Representative Employment Law Counseling Matters
- Drafting and advising clients with respect to employment agreements, separation agreements and restrictive covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation agreements).
- Counseling clients on a variety of employee relations matters, including employee misconduct, job performance issues and disciplinary matters.
- Counseling clients on small-scale and large-scale group terminations and restructurings.
- Counseling clients regarding employee leave-related issues (e.g., FMLA, ADA, etc.).
- Conducting internal investigations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, theft, fraud and other employee misconduct.
- Drafting and advising clients with respect to the implementation of employee handbooks and other employment-related policies, procedures and forms.
- Providing management training concerning discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), retaliation, FMLA, ADA and other employment-related topics.