Our litigators vigorously and successfully represent clients in a wide range of litigation matters in federal and state courts and arbitration, with substantial expertise in securities and antitrust class action defense litigation, complex litigation in the pharmaceutical industry, the defense of RICO actions, employment and labor litigation, white collar criminal defense, real estate litigation, franchise litigation and disputes involving intellectual property and trade secrets. We have consistently achieved positive results for our clients by combining broad experience and rigorous analysis with the close personal contact and cost consciousness characteristic of a smaller, pragmatic firm. In advising our clients and serving as their advocates, we conduct a comprehensive evaluation of each client’s situation and provide common sense advice about the risks and rewards of each option.
The firm commits itself in all respects to the efficient and effective handling of our clients’ litigation matters. We understand our clients, their businesses and their objectives. We always strive to exceed our clients’ expectations.
In addition to our broad experience in commercial and civil litigation, the firm’s attorneys bring decades of experience to the defense of clients in white-collar criminal matters in federal and state courts throughout the country, as well as federal and state regulatory agencies. We have represented clients in connection with governmental investigations, grand jury proceedings and, if necessary, at trial. These cases have included allegations of securities fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, accounting fraud and antitrust violations. We are sensitive to the consequences that a mere allegation can cause to a client and work to resolve these matters, where possible, prior to the bringing of criminal or regulatory charges.
Representative Litigation Matters
- Defense of a pharmaceutical company in Multi-District Litigation in federal court in Massachusetts and several state courts involving pricing and regulatory issues in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Defense of a corporate officer in a multi-district securities fraud litigation involving alleged accounting irregularities and securities law violations.
- Representation of foreign investors in a dispute concerning the sale of one of Manhattan’s largest parcels of residential real estate.
- Representation of a corporate officer of a foreign airline in connection with a criminal investigation by the Anti-Trust Division of The Department of Justice.
- Representation of an investment banking executive charged with accounting and securities fraud in a federal criminal trial and in an SEC proceeding.
- Defense of a pharmaceutical company in a multi-defendant antitrust class action, which was the largest matter pending before the Judicial Panel on Multi-District Litigation (including related state court proceedings commenced in over a dozen states). The firm obtained a directed verdict in favor of our client, and thereafter, obtained for our client a sanctions award in excess of $2 million against lead counsel for the class action plaintiffs.
- Representation of a high ranking executive in a securities firm in connection with SEC, Department of Justice and New York State Attorney General investigations into late trading and market timing of mutual funds.
- Defense of foreign clients in RICO actions in federal and state courts in New York and Delaware involving disputed control of Russian corporations.
- Defense of restaurant industry clients in putative collective and class actions alleging violations of federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Successful defense at trial of advertiser against claims by cable system representative for recovery of media advertising fees.
- Representation of owners of champion thoroughbred horse in dispute with former owner.